Milestone in the Mile High

The Man and I have an exciting announcement.
(No...there isn't a little Snugs on the way...yet.)
We....are moving.
To
  C o l o r a d o 
This news is both amazing...and harshly bittersweet.
Over the course of this year, there has been one closed door after another for The Man and I. Jobs, that we were both a shoe in for, haven't panned out. Provision has allowed us to scrape by, but the truth of the matter is, it has barely allowed us to keep our heads above water. We have been fighting so hard to stay in Los Angeles, but it turns out that God has other plans for our family.

A few months ago, you may remember a blog I posted HERE about a major interview that The Man had with the police academy. He went from 1,500 applicants all the way down to 4...and then the Lord shut the door. Of all the closed doors this year thus far, this was the one for both of us that forced us to take a look at the fact that maaaaaaaybe God was shutting the door on L.A. as well.

Sometimes, we are stubborn. Sometimes, we are faithless. Sometimes we are both, and sometimes it takes God allowing us to try every path before seeing His. 

The Man and I have finally pursued what we believe God has been leading us to do all the while. 
The Man has applied to seminary...and he has gotten in :)

We are so very very excited about this new adventure in our family...but it also comes with a TON of heartbreak.

Sacrifice is painful. Denial of one's self is unnatural. Family in Christ, eternal. Following the Lord, worth it.

And with that, at the end of this year we say goodbye to our beloved L.A. friends and family and church, for whatever God has in store for us in Colorado.

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid." -Psalm 56:3-4a

Below are some snaps from our last trip to the Mile High city.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog from The Darling! The husband and I lived in Vail (actually on Bighorn Rd. at one time) for about 7 years! I hope you guys have a great transition and fall in love with the mountains! It is a magical place! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara thank you SO much for that sweet encouragement! It's definitely going to be extremely hard to leave the life we have in the here and now, but we are looking forward greatly to this next season of life in Colorado. It is absolutely beautiful, and if we have to transition out of CA, I cannot think of a better place :)

      Delete