3. We Are Helping to Plant a Church

#3
We Are Helping to Plant a Church


When the man and I lived in Los Angeles, there came a point when we knew that truly the only thing keeping us there was the church and the group of friends we were a part of.
See..
In Los Angeles, everything is harder.
A simple trip to the grocery store could end in either a knife fight, or a strung out man dressed in an oversized clown suit asking you which aisle Mr. Goodbar could be found on
....after first introducing himself AS Mr. Goodbar...

However, don't get me wrong, there are also some INCREDIBLE aspects to LA as well, yet one must truly commit to the city to discover them. They won't be found on Hollywood Blvd, or the Chinese Mann theatre, or some desperate recreation of The Hills....they are found in the little cracks and crevasses that only a true Angelino would be able to point you to. And when you find them, the city grabs a piece of your heart.

After both individually living in LA for roughly about 8 years, God called The Man and I on to a different city. (I've referenced this often in previous posts)
And I cried.
No, you don't understand
I. CRIED. 
like a freaking baby (sorry River) when I found out we were moving.
Even when it was all said and done, and we were actually living IN Colorado, I was still living IN denial.
Stubbornly, I felt I had made all the real friends I was going to make--or really wanted to make--in Los Angeles. I TRULY felt that God couldn't possibly do in CO what He had done in LA. I was SO so wrong...you can read more about that HERE.
My faith, my character...they were both found wanting.

And then we got a phone call.

A man that Robert very much admired...a semi mentor in a way...named Jason Cunningham, felt God press it upon his heart to plant a church. Jason had been the Dean of Men at a Bible College in Southern California for the previous several years, but felt very certain that God was calling him (as his family) on as well.
Where might you ask.....?
That's correct. Denver.
Jason asked if Robert and I would pray about possibly being a part of this church plant with him (and a few other families who had heard the call as well).
SO...
We asked.
We sought.
We Prayed.
We were in.

Beginning in the Summer of this year, we simply started meeting at various parks around the Denver area as a group. We got to know one another, eat together, pray together, and genuinely seek God together for the future of this church and the salvation of Denver.

And God answered.
I am happy to report that on September 15, 2013 we will hold our first official service at Denver North High School. 
Maybe you are interested in seeing what God wants to do in Denver as well? If so, come on out!

For more info, check out:
www.pilgrimcitychurch.com


"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?" 
Romans 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment