Thoughts & Meditations


"For consider your calling brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly
standards, not many were powerful, not many many were of noble birth.
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak
in the world to shame the strong. God chose what is low and despised in the world, even
things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human
being might boast in the presence of God. And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who 
became to us wisdom form God, righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that,
as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."
- 1 Corinthians 1: 26-31


How quick I am to boast in my own wisdom, power, or strength; as if everything that I possess wasn't first given and gifted to me by God. Often times I feel God uses my own foolishness in thinking I'm wise, my own weakness that I confuse for strength, my own nothing that I deem as something, to bring me to my knees and remind me that it is because of Him that I am even in Jesus at all. My prayer: Lord convince my flesh of it's weakness, my own wisdom of it's folly, and may whatever is powerful in me be marked by meakness, that I might understand what it means to solely boast in Christ alone, and Jesus Christ crucified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment